25 Days of Running!

Ethos Endurance Forums Gate 9 Running Crew 25 Days of Running!

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      saquila
      Keymaster

Hi G9RC. 25 days of running is approaching soon. Due to all things Covid, I am shaking it up a bit this year. Your goal, if you choose to accept it, is to run a minimum of 30′ twenty-five times in twenty-five days from December 1st through the 25th. Rules as follows:

1. Any run counts that is either a minimum of 30′ or 3 miles. Your choice. No extra points for extra mileage or time.
      2. Walk breaks as part of your training is accepted and always recommended!
      3. You can run outdoors or on a treadmill.
      4. You can run twice in one day IF the runs are more than four hours apart. This can allow you a day off as needed by doubling up.
      5. We will have an online form to log the completed run each day and to encourage anyone else participating.
      6. This event is open to anyone interested. G9 membership is not required.
      7. Gate 9 runs will be structured as always. For the month of December, I will ask G9 members to submit a favorite weekend run to execute during the challenge.
      8. The challenge will end with our Five Miler Frostbite Series on Christmas morning.

+++

What do you think? Anything else you would like to see added? There will be prizes too!

KatieEdmonds
      Participant

Based on rules 1 & 2, it seems that a 30 minute walk might count. If not, what is a reasonable minimum amount of running that would make it count? I might actually be able to achieve this if hiking with my kids can count!

saquila
      Keymaster

I want to make this as inclusive as possible but also give you a goal that increases your frequency/volume of running. What do you suggest?

KatieEdmonds
        Participant

To be honest, I’m having enough trouble getting runs in that even if I can completely substitute hikes with my kids for some of the runs, I will still have enough of a challenge, and will still significantly increase my frequency and volume of running. I’ve barely been getting more than just the Tuesday and Thursday runs lately, so adding 5x3mi runs to get to 7 days a week would be a pretty big boost, as pathetic as that sounds. The only reason I would choose to walk instead of run is if I am hurt or dealing with kids. I’m not that patient 😉

Katie
        Participant

What was the final idea of walking? I could probably do a 30 minute walk on my non-run days… or I should just give my foot a rest on non-run days.

saquila
        Keymaster

It is your call! This is meant to be fun and motivational.

ksif
      Participant

May I please start the “favorite run” submissions? It’s the donut run.

There’s a Sunday morning running group that seems to be in a covid-induced pause these days, but I’m guessing that Team Brilliant will emerge, and return to some long, slow, distance when the time is right. I’ve been with the group when we did a donut run. Here’s the deal – bring a few bucks, and plot a route that leads to pastry. When performed locally, the classic donut run should probably include both Cresent Donut Shop, and Square Donut Shop, but really, there’s no incorrect way to do a donut run, unless you somehow neglect to stop for donuts. That is an essential component… it’s not just running by a donut shop or bakery or coffee (and bagel) shop, it’s the running AND the consumption of elective calories, with like-minded persons.

#allthingsarepossiblethroughcarbsandcaffine

saquila
      Keymaster

I am in for this one! Love adventure runs involving carbs and caffeine…

KatieEdmonds
      Participant

There are so many new trails and sidepaths in Bloomington now. I would try to log as many miles as possible on new trails and sidepaths, including those that are just runnable but not yet completed like the new sidepath on Sare. I’m sure it won’t happen but I really want to go check out the trail from Ellettsville to the existing part of the Karst Greenway.

saquila
        Keymaster

Great idea and I love trying new trails too. Will add it!

saquila
      Keymaster

You can find your online form to register your runs here: December 25 Days of Running

Rules are below the form. Anyone is welcome to join in the fun!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.