January 2021

Ethos Endurance Forums Gate 9 Running Crew January 2021

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      saquila
      Keymaster

January 5, 2021

For tomorrow 5-10 x (30” G9 Hill climb fast/after the climb run easy and turn right into the nearest parking lot lane until you get back to the segment that parallels Dunn. Continue to run easy to steady back to G9 hill for your next repeat.) No easy way!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by saquila.
      saquila
      Keymaster

January 7th, 2021

Today was harrowing between the pandemic and the insurrection. I love training because when things are dark, it can provide a brief respite in the moment. However, sometimes it isn’t helpful either. If you are struggling right now, do the thing that you most need right now for your health; perhaps it is sleeping in or hopefully, it may be joining the Crew for our regular run. Either way, you always have friendship and support with our G9 Race Crew.

For tomorrow:
      2-6 laps of G9 as a warm up
      5-10x (1’ G9 hill moderate effort/Easy jog back to the start)
      2-6 laps of G9 easy to steady

-Plan on an equal number of laps of G9 for your warm up and your last set

No easy way!

saquila
      Keymaster

January 12, 2021

For tomorrow:

2x (Long hill to top by baseball stadium/Easy to start)
      2x (Long hill to stop sign before baseball stadium hill/Easy return to the start)
      2x (Long hill to stop sign at top of G9 hill/Easy return to the start)

-Start the first two reps at Half Marathon Pace. As the intervals get shorter increase pace as you feel.
      -Need more? Repeat the set.

No easy way!

saquila
      Keymaster

January 14, 2021

Great turnout Tuesday despite the weather!

3-5x (6’ OR 1.5 laps of G9/2’ or 1/2 lap
      of G9 easy)

-Work intervals should be half marathon pace to 10K pace. No easy way!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by saquila.
      saquila
      Keymaster

January 19, 2021

Might be a bit messy tomorrow with some snow.

For tomorrow use the long hill as it is usually salted.

2-5x (Run up the hill as 20” Fast/40” Easy until you get to the top by the baseball stadium and repeat 20” Fast/40” Easy on the return/1’ Rest when you get back to the start)

When it gets hard, dig deep for Lynne. She will be digging deeper tomorrow.

No easy way!

saquila
      Keymaster

January 19, 2021

Might be a bit messy tomorrow with some snow.

For tomorrow use the long hill as it is usually salted.

2-5x (Run up the hill as 20” Fast/40” Easy until you get to the top by the baseball stadium and repeat 20” Fast/40” Easy on the return/1’ Rest when you get back to the start)

When it gets hard, dig deep for Lynne. She will be digging deeper tomorrow.

No easy way!

Lynne
      Participant

I’m cheering for you guys! Thanks for checking on me and encouraging me. Hope to see my Gate 9 family soon! Mike will call Sue today after the surgery with an update. Love, Lynne:)

saquila
      Keymaster

January 21, 2021

If you haven’t seen Lynne’s update on Facebook, please check it out. She inspires all of us. And you should feel lighter after today and faster tomorrow!

2-4x:
      (One lap of G9 Steady/One lap of G9 Moderately hard/One lap of G9 Steady/2’ Easy)

-Steady is marathon pace, Moderate Hard is Half Marathon pace. And it is still very early in the year. Accept the pace you are now and don’t try to run the pace you had at your fittest point last year.

No easy way!

saquila
      Keymaster

January 26, 2021

Reminder that the Frostbite series ends Saturday with a 10 Miler. Details to follow in the Forum.

For tomorrow:
      5-15x (30” Fast/2’ Easy)

No easy way!

saquila
      Keymaster

January 28, 2021

***Last run/race in our Frostbite Series is Saturday. Please see the thread in the forum for the details.

If you are running the Frostbite 10 Miler fast, consider taking Thursday off. If you are running the race as a tempo run, consider 20-40′ Easy on Thursday. You will find a thread on pre-race training in the Forum if you are looking to do a warm up on Saturday.

If you are not running the 10 miler:
      -Insert 3-5x (5′ Mod-Hard/3′ Easy)

No easy way.

Lauren
      Participant

Any guesses on how the roads will be in the morning? Or if G9 will be plowed?

saquila
      Keymaster

I think the roads will be clear but G9 will probably be snowy. Less plowing with the students gone! I will get there early and post conditions.

saquila
      Keymaster

Roads are okay. G9 is plowed! It won’t be fast…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.